if you wanna hurt yourself remember that i love you ♥
Alternatives To Cutting
1) Write in a journal! This helps you realize that your feelings are real & it just helps. c:
2) Putting on fake tattoos where you want to cut.
3) Drawing on yourself in red Sharpie/marker/pen.
4) Scribbling (red marker) on sheets of (white) paper.
5) Writing (poetry, stories, etc.).
6) Cuddling with a stuffed toy.
7) Being with other people.
8) Watching a favorite TV show (preferably a comedy).
9) Posting on web boards, and answering others’ posts (Yahoo Answers, Scar Tissue..)
10) Think about your best/closest friend. It would kill them to see new cuts on your body.
11) Painting your nails.
12) Going to see a movie.
13) Eating something that takes awhile to finish (taffy, gum, etc.)
14) Doing school work.
15) Surf the net.
16) Go into chat rooms to talk.
17) Call a friend and ask for company.
18) Playing a musical instrument.
19) Singing (loudly).
20) Looking up at the sky (night is especially beautiful).
21) Take pictures (do a mini photo shoot!)
22) Punching a punching bad (with gloves on).
23) Snapping a rubber band or hair band on your wrist. (This is the most effective thing for me.)
24) Cover yourself with band-aids where you want to cut.
25) Mix warm water and red food colouring, and put in on your skin (feels and looks like blood- but it stains! Do it on a place you can cover up).
26) Letting yourself cry.
28) A hot shower, or relaxing bath (no razors in the tub, though).
29) Play with a pet.
30) Detangling yarn or necklaces.
31) Re-organizing your room (I have THE CLEANEST room in the world hahaha:)
32) Cleaning (WOOOH!:)
33) Having a pillowfight with the wall (yes, neighbours may think you are crazy, but that’s ok).
34) Knitting or sewing.
35) Reading a good book. (I’ll make a page with books on cutting too!)
36) Dressing up very glamorous (make sure no one can walk in on you, though haha).
37) Colouring your hair.
38) Listening to music.
39) Watching a (scented) candle burn.
40) Finding someone else you can help out. (I’m here!:)
42) Watching a scary (but not bloody) movie.
43) Work on a website.
44) Have a vivid fantasy love affair with a celebrity.
45) Go somewhere very public.
46) Bake cookies.
47) Alphabetize your CD’s/DVD’s.
48) Chewing leather or something with this texture. (especially if you SI by biting).
49) Buy a home Henna tatoo kit (peels off the next day-similar to skin picking).
50) Painting or drawing.
51) Ripping paper into itty-bitty pieces.
52) Hugs (this one is very effective:)
53) Writting letters or email.
54) Talk to yourself (or if that feels weird, buy a small tape recorder then it’ll feel like someone is listening).
55) Stroke nice fabrics.
56) Hug a pillow.
57) Hyperfocus on something like a rock, hand, etc.
59) Scream real loud (I LOOOVE this one-just make sure no one is home).
61) Make hot chocolate.
62) Pop bubble wrap.
63) Play with modelling clay or Play-Dough.
64) Count to one hundred.
65) Build a pillow fort.
66) Pop balloons.
67) Hug a stuffed animal.
68) Chase mailmen. (HAHA WHAT?!;)
69) Reading things in a different language & try to translate it without cheating.
70) Going for a nice, long drive.
71) Complete something you’ve been putting off.
72) Drinking absurd amounts of tea.
73) Breaking plastic plates.
74) Tearing up old clothes.
75) Throwing socks against the wall.
78) Take up a new hobby.
79) Organise bills and such.
80) Cook a meal.
81) Go out for ice cream.
82) Buy a stuffed animal.
83) Look at pretty things-like flowers or artwork.
84) Create something.
86) Make a list of blessings in your life.
87) Write a letter to someone (you don’t have to give it to them. I do this with my mom- she passed away).
88) Go to a friend’s house.
89) Play on a trampoline.
90) Take up a sport.
91) Watch an old, happy movie.
92) Call a Help hotline or your Therapist.
93) Talk to someone close to you that knows you’re dealing with this.
94) Throw a temper-tantrum.
95) Hit things-other than yourself.
96) Ride a bicycle.
97) Polish silver or jewelery.
98) Gardening or watering house plants.
99) Memorizing poetry!
101) Feed the ducks or birds or squirrels, etc.
102) Draw on the walls.
103) Write notes to yourself that are kind. (I am worth of love, I am beautiful, I deserve to smile..)
104) Do very Glamerous make-up.
105) Colour with crayons.
106) Memorise a novel or play or song.
107) Put on boots and STAMP.
109) Find butterflies.
110) Watch fish.
111) Come up with baby names (even if you’re not pregnant).
112) Make mashed potatoes.
113) Make a tape of your favorite songs.
114) Name all of your stuffed animals.
116) Get those jammies with slippery feet and slide on the floor. c:
117) Stare at a clock.
118) Baseball & bat.
119) Go to a loud concert.
120) Play the 15 minute game (say you can’t cut for 15 minutes, and when the time is up, start again).
121) Plan your wedding/prom.
122) Hunt for stuff on Ebay (you can find ANYTHING there).
123) Alphabetize your books.
124) Hunt for your perfect home in the paper.
125) Take up Tai Chi.
126) Try to make as many words out of your full name as possible, then do your friends’ names.
127) Count ceiling tiles/lights.
128) Go clubbing.
129) Search ridiculous things on the web.
130) Color-co-ordinate your wardrobe.
131) Exercise/go on a walk.
132) Sort all your photographs.
133) Color (or scribble) over the women in magazines.
134) Plan a dinner party.
135) Play with a slinky.
136) Buy yourself some toys and play.
137) Start collecting something.
138) Get a tattoo/piercing.
139) Play video/computer games.
140) Do a trash clean at your local park (YES YES YES!=)
141) Play on a swing-set.
142) Go out and perforn a random act of kindness for someone <3
143) Call up an old friend.
144) Write yourself an “I love you because” letter
145) Put on fake nails.
145) Try to build something.
146) Re-arrange your house.
147) Go to a public place and people watch.
148) Go through all your old stuff.
149) Go bargain-hunting.
150) Smile at at least five people (you usually end up smiling genuinely yourself).
151) Go to the zoo and rename all the animals.
152) Listen to birds outside.
153) Make friendship bracelets.
154) Use clay and make silly things.
155) Think about your dream car.
156) Start talking to plants.
157) Kick around a soccer ball.
158) Make fish faces at self in mirror, siblings, neighbors, strangers, pets [including a pet fish!].
159) Play dress up.
160) PHOTOSHOOT TIME! :D
161) Play with little kids. [they never fail to make you smile :)]
162) Go on youtube and watch America’s Funniest Home Videos! c:
163) Do chores.
164) Go for a walk [with or without a friend].
165) Go to the mall.
166) Clean your room. [As long as your “tools” aren’t there.]
167) Try to throw away your “tools”. (This is hard, but if you do it that’s a start. You can always just go get some more, but true strength is when you DON’T. c:)
168) Go to a flower garden.
169) Go to the goodwill and try on clothes.. Both ones that you really like and the really silly/old stuff, for laughs!
170) Go to the park and see how high you can swing!
171) See how long you can hop on one leg. Try the other.
172) See how long you can balance on one leg. Then standing on a pillow. Then with your eyes closed. Then with your eyes closed, while standing on a pillow.
173) Teach your pet a new trick.
174) Kick a guy you hate in the nuts
176) Go for a walk. Again.
177) See how many baby steps it takes to get back home when you go for that walk.
178) Count EVERYTHING.
179) Mess up your room, then clean it all up
180) Create “ridiculous (non-triggering) things to do instead of cutting” list.
182) Write a story.
183) Write a note to your ex-friend.
184) Move EVERYTHING in your room to a new spot
185) Run around your house 5 times
186) Go on a date with your girlfriend/boyfriend (or yourself if your single).
187) Ask people to be your “Tumblr Bf/gf”. c;
188) Make funny faces at yourself in the mirror.
189) Try to cross your eyes.
190) See how long you can cross your eyes.
191) Get together with friends and play Frisbee.
192) Buy a cheap hula-hoop and see how long you can twirl it around your waist/arm/neck/foot/etc…
193) Jumprope. See how long you can go without tripping on the rope xD
194) Go to www.givesmehope.com and read the posts.
195) Go watch Youtube stuff!
196) Go to www.mylifeisaverage.com and laugh at the stupid posts xD
197) Randomly go up and hug a friend.
198) Randomly go up and hug your parent [their reactions are funny when you first do it! :P If asked why, “No reason. Just felt like it.”]
199) Go to the mall and ask people to hug you. If they ask why, tell them either, “A friend dared me to ask people” or “I just feel like giving hugs today.” or “My friend and I have a contest going to see how many hugs we can give/get.” :D
200) Wear a cape to the mall. If anyone asks, make something funny up. [i.e. “What cape?” or “To infinity…and BEYOND!” or maybe even “na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na BATMAN!” :P]
201) Set up a stereo somewhere…at the mall in the food court, at the end of your driveway, your room if you’re REALLY self conscious [or if people start asking you to quit singing xD] and sing it karaoke style :P
202) Photoshoot :) for like Facebook/Tumblr.
203) Drink water.
204) Make a Tumblr.
205) Randomly search Youtube music for new music. Or use Pandora.
206) Search Youtube for comedians. Dane Cook works too. So does Jeff Dunham.
207) Play the “If inanimate objects talked, what would they say?” game.
208) Play the “If inanimate objects talked, what voice would they have?” game.
210) Hang out with a younger kid. They’re the perfect distraction!
211) Read shitilovee.tumblr.com